Peeuw!

on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The onion shipment has arrived! These were ordered from Dixondale Farms back in January... even though I also start some of my own from seed. I've found I have better luck with leeks started from seed than onions, and ordering from a reliable source has had better results for me than the cheap bags of sometimes moldy, often wimpy and rarely named sacks of onion sets we can buy locally.

Boy oh boy is this box strong smelling!

These plants may not look like much right now, and they won't even get to go in the soil for a little while - it's just too darn cold out - but if all goes well, we'll have lots of yummy onions come summertime!

The varieties here, just in case you're interested in looking them up, are Big Daddy, Candy, Cippolini, Red Zeppelin, Red Candy Apple, Walla Walla and Yellow Spanish.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

0 comments:

Post a Comment