The Importance of Soil Testing - pt 2

on Thursday, March 17, 2011

San Jose garden guru Jessica Vaughn follows up with part two of her article series, The Importance of Soil Testing:

Once you’ve finished the calculations for each area, simply evenly add the measured amount of amendments to each bed and then turn the soil with a rake or shovel and water the area enough to set the soil and allow the amendments to be absorbed.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Soil testing - it’s only the most important thing you can do for your garden.(2)

As I said yesterday, this girl knows her stuff. I often find myself checking in with Jess for her opinion or brainstorming on a gardening idea, or to see what her experience has been with something. I know she likes to grow fava beans and, well, this year I've decided to give them a try. So it won't be much longer here before I'm picking through her older blog postings to see what all she has had to share on the fava beans. But in the meantime, if you're considering veggie gardening, do check out the first and second parts of her article on how to do your own soil tests!

0 comments:

Post a Comment