Black Cherry

on Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tauton's latest issue of Grow ("Fine Gatdening's Guide to Vegetable Gardening") just came out this past week. In addition to articles on swiss chard, spinach, leeks, mesclun mix and building raised beds is an article on heirloom tomatoes.

Of the favorites the author lists, I typically grow two, including the Black Cherry you see here. These little guys are actually a wee bit bigger than your average cherry tomato, incredibly prolific, and oh so flavorful. I'd have to say they're my favorite cherry tomato.

I've also grown a variety called Chocolate Cherry, which I honestly think is the same tomato with a different name.... Perhaps a marketing thing? Either way, I know these little purpley-brown guys were getting lots of complements last year!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment