You've got a cute butt...

on Sunday, August 22, 2010

...or: "How to tell when you've partied a little too hard."

When I'm working in the garden, I see a lot of cute little butts staring at me. When I saw one covered in yellow pollen this morning, I ran in to get the camera, which made me aware of just HOW MANY butts are directed my way. Little fuzzy black-and-yellow butts.

Now by the time I got the camera, the original inspiration had changed the direction she was facing, but that just shows that maybe she's been hitting the pollen a little too heavy!?


That's an okra bloom the bumble bee is in, and no matter how much I moved the flower around, finally just tapping on it a bunch on the outside, she wasn't budging. She was so busy cleaning all the pollen off herself, there was no way she was going to be ready to fly for awhile.

Anyhow, on to the butts... Here's a couple HUGE gourd blooms (each is almost the size of my outstretched hand).


This squash bloom must've been extra sweet, because it had two bumbles crowded in it together. Like the first one, they weren't budging.


The squash blooms were real popular this morning, with lots of little fuzzy butts sticking out of them.


Here's a zephyr squash bloom getting visited by a bumble bee. You hear all the reports about how the decline in honeybees is going to greatly affect our crops in the future, but to be honest, I DO still have honeybees visiting the garden, and while there aren't many, I've always seen more activity from bumble bees, wasps, flies, etc.


This little critter's trying to get inside the blossom of a Dragon Tongue bean - I'll have more on those later this week, so make sure you keep checking back!


That's all the pictures of fuzzy bumble bee butts for today - I hope no one was offended! ;-)

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment