Another teaser

on Friday, July 2, 2010

Now that the carrots have been yanked from this bed, the cucumbers will hopefully really start to take off! I'll be adding more cucumber plants to this bed before the end of the holiday weekend.


The tomatillos are FINALLY starting to take off. They're still really small, but I'm definitely noticing some new growth.


Picked Wednesday evening, these squash really aren't as exciting as they look. The small green zucchini are only about the size of my index finger, so you know you're not going to get many meals out of them. The large green one is an Italiano Largo, and I think it started to form AFTER the other green ones, but really took off. If I remember correctly from growing this a couple years ago, it has a nuttier, stronger flavor than your average zucchini.


0 comments:

Post a Comment