The Calendar Says...

on Friday, February 19, 2010

...that it's time to start some more plants!


So if you're in our area, and are starting your own herbs and annual flowers from seed, it looks like it's about time to start putting some of those seeds in some dirt. Here's what needs started soon that you can't see in the condensed view of the calendar:

  • Chives
  • Mint
  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Coleus
  • Impatiens
  • Lobelia
  • Pansy
  • Poppy
Now from those herbs I have to say I've never started mint or oregano from seed, and don't expect I ever will. For the annuals, I know I have coleus and lobelia seeds that will need started, and I don't remember if I got impatiens seeds this year. Hm...I got a packet of California poppies...do those count?

I also need to start combing through my seed containers to see what else might need started. So far I fully admit my gardening calender isn't all inclusive for what I like to plant (or might get experimental with), so I'll need to see if something else needs planted soon. More than likely there will be some flowers that need started, but I don't think there's going to be much in the veggies that needs seeds for at least another week or two, minimum!

In case you couldn't tell, things are about to start gearing up here soon! We're at about 13 weeks until the last average frost for this area, and right around the 10-12 week mark things start kicking into gear! Yipes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment